We work with a wide variety of business types, bringing our expertise in small and medium businesses accounting to many industries. We are happy to help your business by providing a full suite of accounting services for a monthly fee, or we can mix and match our services to suit your business requirements.

Please call us now on 0208 213 3032 to talk us through your business type to learn a little more about our experience in that area or contact us to arrange a free consultation with one of our company directors.

Tax planning, Reporting & Compliance

Tax laws and regulations change regularly, making it difficult for businesses to cover areas of vulnerability. Here at WNA Accountants, we take every measure necessary to reduce the tax liabilities while ensuring tax-efficiency and minimal tax consequences.

Personal Tax Returns

Our personal tax accountants can help you with all the personal tax-related matters, including:

  • Tax planning and advice
  • Preparation, completion, and submission of the personal tax returns
  • Detailed reviews of the current or pre-tax returns
  • Minimizing Penalties
  • Reductions in personal tax liability by ensuring that all the tax reliefs and allowances have been claimed in full.
  • So whether you are looking for simple assistance with filing a personal tax return, are worried about cash flow issues in relation to tax payments, concerned about submitting your tax returns before the deadline, or, are just seeking to stay on top of changing legislation so you can make the most tax rates and breaks, our tax experts will be able to help.

    Partnership Tax returns

    A partnership tax return is required to be submitted to HMRC to provide confirmation of partnership profit/loss shares. Partnership tax returns are often misunderstood (or simply forgotten) by individuals which can lead to unnecessary fines and penalties. Submitting them can also be a tricky business if you lack the technical know-how. Our tax team are on hand to ensure that your partnership tax return is correct and income sources within the partnership are reported correctly, in line with HMRC’s reporting standards.

    Our partnership tax return service is flexible and customisable to your needs, we can either just complete the partnership tax return or can also submit personal returns for all the partners too.

    The partnership services we offer include:

  • Preparation & submission of partnership return to HMRC
  • Partnership profit and loss share analysis
  • Partners current accounts showing their UpToDate drawings and their investments.
  • Loss carryback availability
  • Terminal loss relief on the cessation of partnership (where applicable)
  • Corporation Tax Returns

    Corporation tax is charged on your annual profits if you are set up as a limited company. Certain other organisations including clubs, societies, charities and other unincorporated bodies may also be liable to corporation tax.

    All businesses receive relief for their business expenditure against their profits chargeable to corporation tax, but businesses that make use of new technologies, engage in research projects and carry out regeneration works receive the tax breaks.

    For each year, a company is required to complete a corporation tax return (Form CT600). From the 1st April 2011, all returns must be filed online and must be received by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) within 12 months of the company year end and payment must be made to HMRC with 9 months and 1 day.

    Though dealing with Corporation tax is the ultimately the company directors’ responsibility, we can help in ensuring that the liability is accurate as penalties for incorrect and late returns can be severe.

    Our team handles issues ranging from routine annual compliance, to specialist advice that will help plan and support your business strategies (See Corporation tax planning).

    We provide a full compliance service and can help provide a tax efficient approach to every aspect of business. Though tax compliance has become an increasingly complex issue with constantly changing assurance, regulatory and tax compliance requirements, by working together we help take the complexity out of compliance to ensure that your tax exposure is managed and minimised.

    Some of the services we provide:

  • Agreeing returns and tax liabilities with HMRC
  • Corporate tax e-filing; mandatory for businesses
  • Professionally managing communications with HMRC
  • Experienced tax team quickly resolves HMRC enquiries
  • Advice on specialist areas (e.g. research and development tax credits)
  • There are strict penalties for filing late returns and interest is charged on tax paid late, so it is important that the deadlines, which are determined by your company's annual accounting date, are adhered to.

    Our accountants can assist with the preparation of company accounts, company tax returns and tax computations and will also be able to provide advice on any tax planning areas that may benefit you and your company.

    Property tax

    We achieve property and transaction tax savings and refunds for our clients by providing expert tax strategies while executing property and transaction tax appeals and abatements. We use our extensive scale and reach, technology and proven innovation processes to deliver quantifiable, results-driven property tax services.

    Our property tax services professionals are the preeminent real estate tax advisory specialists in the country, offering our clients unique perspectives on property tax services through access to the largest and most valuable proprietary data and intelligence in the industry.

    Capital gains tax

    Capital Gains Tax is the tax you pay on any profit you make when you dispose of an asset that has increased in value. The amount of gain (or profit) you make is taxed, rather than the amount of money you receive from the sale.

    Disposing of an asset refers to selling it, giving it away, swapping it for something else, or getting compensation for it (for example from an insurance claim).

    What is Capital Gains Tax Paid on?

    Capital Gains Tax is typically paid when you dispose of any of the following:

  • Personal possessions worth over £6,000 (excluding your car)
  • Any property that isn’t your main home
  • Your main home if you’ve let it out, used it for business, or it’s very large
  • Shares that aren’t in an ISA or a PEP
  • Business Assets
  • Capital Gains on Property

    CCGT is not usually payable on the gains you make on your only or main home, as these typically qualify for private residence relief (PRR). You should be aware, however, that, even if your property is your main or only home, part or all of the gain will be taxable if:

  • You develop your home, for example by converting part of it into flats
  • You develop your home, for example by converting part of it into flats
  • You use part of your home exclusively for business
  • You let all or part of your home out
  • You live away from the property
  • You bought or improved the home partly or wholly for the purpose of making a profit
  • Capital Gains Tax Relief

    Whilst Capital Gains Tax is becoming an increasingly common issue for both individuals and companies in London, there are many reliefs available and, with some careful per transaction planning, we can help to ensure that your exposure to Capital Gains Tax is minimised.

    Using various techniques and our extensive experience, we can advise you on this complex issue and ensure that you obtain the optimum amount of relief you are entitled to.

    CGT reliefs include:

  • Deferral of the gain, by utilising rollover or holdover relief
  • Gift relief, when certain assets are being gifted away
  • Gift relief, when certain assets are being gifted away
  • For further information about Capital Gains Tax Relief and to discuss whether or not you will be eligible, please do not hesitate to contact us.


    The cryptoassets sector is fast-moving and developing all the time. The terminology, types of coins, tokens and transactions can vary. The tax treatment of cryptoassets continues to develop due to the evolving nature of the underlying technology and the areas in which cryptoassets are used. As such, HMRC will look at the facts of each case and apply the relevant tax provisions according to what has actually taken place (rather than by reference to terminology).

    Which taxes apply

    If a company or business is carrying out activities which involve exchange tokens, they are liable to pay tax on them.

    Such activities include:

  • buying and selling exchange tokens
  • exchanging tokens for other assets (including other types of cryptoassets)
  • `mining’
  • providing goods or services in return for exchange tokens
  • The type of tax will depend on who is involved in the business and the activities it carries out (including whether these count as a trade).

    It is likely they will be liable to pay one or more of the following:

  • Capital Gains Tax
  • Corporation Tax
  • Income Tax
  • National Insurance contributions
  • Stamp Taxes
  • VAT
  • The amount of tax a business must pay will depend on its income, expenditure, profits and gains. These must be declared annually to HMRC on either:

  • Self-Assessment tax return (for sole traders and partnerships)
  • Company Tax Return (for companies)
  • HMRC will consider each case on the basis of its own facts and circumstances. It will apply the relevant legislation and case law to determine the correct tax treatment (including where relevant, the contractual terms regulating the exchange tokens).

    From following the cryptocurrency laws to covering the breadth of information and details involved, our experts make sure that each transaction is reported and recorded in tax to ensure you with better gains.